| Prehistoric Scratchpad|
Wildlife and possibly humans continue to leave their footprints on the White Sand Dunes.
- Human footprints are seen tracking a giant sloth in the White Sands sometime before they go extinct
- The short face bear and giant sloth (on the mainland) go extinct 11,000 years ago
- Smiledon goes extinct 10,000 years ago.
- Whooly Mammoth becomes extinct on the mainland 9,600 years ago.
- Whooly Mammoths become completely extinct 3,600 years ago.
White Sands Web PagesEdit
White Sands In the NewsEdit
Google Street ViewEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.