| Prehistoric Scratchpad|
Eoarchean Era Web PagesEdit
- Time Periods
- Phanerozoic Eon - The current geological eon, and the one where abundant animal life is present.
- Proterozoic Eon - Eon where there was abundant microbial life in an oxygenated atmosphere.
- Archeaon Eon - Eon where the first preserved solid rocks have been found and microbial life first formed, prior to the oxygenation of the atmosphere. It is not known if plate tectonics were active at this time.
- Neoarchean Era - Latest era of the archean eon. Oxygenic photosynthesis first evolved in this era. This would give rise to the Oxygen Catastrophe at the end of the Eon.
- Mesoarchean Era - An era.
- Paleoarchean Era - Earliest period with evidence of life.
- Eoarchean Era - The first era of the Archean after the earliest rocks solidified and before the earliest life is known. The Late Heavy Bombardment during this period could have delivered the necessary components of life to Earth. Provisionally starts at 4 Billion Years ago.
- Hadean Eon - Eon on Earth before solid land took form, essentially molton, before the earliest preserved rocks. A proposed beginning would be the impact that formed the Moon. It is believed there was no life during this time period, or, if there was, it would have lasted long and would have to reinvent itself.
Event: Late Heavy Bombardment Oldest rocks found 4.28 BYA and under scrutiny.
Eoarchean Era In the NewsEdit
Four Billion Year Old Rock (May 2014)Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.