| Prehistoric Scratchpad|
1 Million Years Ago Web PagesEdit
- Lake Turkana - Lake in Kenya where many types of humans over the ages lived.
- Middle Awash - Site in Ethiopia along the Awash River. Fossils of humans of different kind over the ages has been found.
- Wonderwerk Cave - Cave in South Africa where the earliest use of Fire has been confirmed.
- Atapuerca Mountains - Cave in Spain with earliest homonins known in Europe.
- Nihawan Basin - River basin in China just west of Beijing that is home to many archaeological dates dating from almost 2 million years ago to a hundred thousand years ago.
Australia & Oceana
- Allan Hills - A hilly area of Antarctica near the start of the Trans-Antarctic Mountains. Has martian and lunar meteors, blue ice cores dating 2.4 million years, and a fossilized forest from the Triassic period.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.